Many industries opt for the conveyor for efficient and safe internal transportation. However, you need to find the right conveyor as per your specific needs and requirements. Fab-Ron is a leading material handling equipment distributor to industries involved in auto and aerospace manufacturing, canning and bottling, packaging, chemicals, and more.
Why Use Conveyors?
- It increases efficiency and safety in industrial operations.
- It is a reliable means of transportation of materials that require lots of manual labor and are possibly unsafe.
- They can be easily installed and provide a goods means of transport in comparison to forklifts.
- They can operate continuously and can move variety of materials weights, shapes, and sizes.
Types of Conveyor Systems
Below are enlisted the types of conveyors that manufacturing facility managers can select for better facility management:
- Monorail Conveyors – Easy to maintain, occupies less space, and they can be used to move lightweight materials throughout the facility.
- Floor Conveyors – Using this conveyor, materials can be moved below any manufacturing machinery, which allows the machine to get access to the materials when needed. This conveyor is perfect for assembly or processing facilities.
- Power and Free Conveyors – These types of conveyors give operators ample of flexibility as they use tracks to move items from one place to another.
Tips To Choose The Right Conveyor For Your Facility
Product & Its Requirements – What conveyor you should choose depends on the products you manufacture or handle. You need to have a thorough understanding of the products, its production process and the environment along with the software. Provide this information to your material handling equipment distributors to help you find the best conveyor system for your industrial production.
Modular, Scalable & Flexible – The perfect conveyor is the blend of flexibility, modularity, and scalability. A flexible and modular conveyor system will easily adapt to the fluctuations in demand and implement continuous improvements to the product production process. Therefore, while investing in a new conveyor make sure that it is adaptable to the changes in production facility.
Easy to Maintain – Conveyor system consists of many mechanical parts. Therefore, maintenance is the main concern for all facilities. If there occurs any wear and tear in conveyor, it slows down the work at your facility and decreases the value of your investment. Ask these questions before buying – How much mechanical skills are required to repair it? What could be the maintenance cost per year? Are its mechanical parts easily available in the market?
Lowers the Environmental Impact – Environment is something we should all care for! While investing in any industrial product, take into consideration if it causes any harm to the environment? Choose a conveyor system that reduces waste and energy consumption. This will automatically lower your environmental impact and increase the efficiency of your production.
Conveyor system has a myriad of benefits such as they add convenience and safety in distribution, manufacturing and other facilities. Share your requirements and concerns with your material handling equipment distributor so that they can provide you a reliable and advanced conveyor system based on your unique needs.