Nowadays, warehouse efficiency has become the need of the hour. This is the reason why more and more companies are looking out for ways to make their day-to-day processes more efficient. The most time-consuming process in manufacturing unit is packing the products. For the same, manufacturers need to adopt some new methods or bring about some moderate changes in their existing packing process to increase productivity and reduce time wastage. Let’s take a look at how efficient packaging and handling methods can help your company.
- Improve Worker Efficiency – More than 50% of your warehouse labor is in packing and handling process. Packaging optimization can bring the biggest improvement in labor productivity. Your workforce will be dependent on production through automated machines instead of working manually, thus reducing the chances of lethargy and fatigue.
- Assure Product Quality – The packaging industry has grown in spades. There are now available a wide range of packaging options to suit the preferences of every client. Bulk packaging can be customized to meet specific needs, which can make a huge difference to your business. Food or pharmaceutical industries, for instance, have strict requirements for packaging – food-grade bags must be clinically sterile to meet international safety standards.
- Compliance with Industry Standards – For instance, industries that deal in potentially hazardous substances require packaging that abides and complies with stringent international standards. Packaging specialists can provide bulk bags specially designed for transportation of these hazardous goods.
- Minimize Waste – Large sacks generally cannot be used for multiple uses whereas the bulk bags can be reused for future use. The number of times a bulk bag can be used depends on how it is filled and handled, as well as the content of the load. If you really want to contribute your best to the significant reduction in waste, bulk bags make sense. And, it will be feasible for your business to switch from sacks to bulk bags.
If in case your packaging process is not efficient, then abide by these two steps:
- Take advantage of automation technology – Automated devices and advanced packaging and handling equipment are a bliss for your business as they not only help the workers in improving the efficiency and production but also reduce their fatigue. A warehouse employee who is doing everything manually will be physically tired than the employee working with automated devices. Minimize human errors, increase production and improve the working condition by using latest packaging and handling equipment.
- Use of 80/20 rule – According to the 80:20 Pareto Principle – “80 percent of outcomes are from 20 percent of causes.” This 80:20 Rule also holds true for your warehouse. 80% of customer orders are likely to come from 20% of your stock. If you store and handle these items in the most efficient manner, then it will automatically increase your overall efficiency.
If you’re looking for packaging and handling equipment that can help you work in a hassle free manner, then Fab-Ron can help you with that. We offer specialized products that fit your special needs. We sell and service world class manufacturing equipment, such as Nordson hot melt dispensing applicators, Zanasi inkjet printers, as well as Gorbel and Vaculex for handling and lifting purposes.
You can contact us at http://fabron.net/contact-us/ to discuss your requirements